Burgundy Ficus 'Rubber Plant'
Burgundy Rubber Tree
- Light- Ficus prefers bright indirect light. Direct sun may burn the leaves.
- Water- Water when the top 50%-75% of the soil is dry. Water until liquid flows through the drainage hole at the bottom of the pot and discard any water that has accumulated in the saucer.
- Toxicity- Rubber Tree leaves are mildly toxic to humans and pets. Typically, ingestion will cause mouth and stomach irritation and possible vomiting.
Ficus plants are sensitive to being moved. If you have to move your plant around, do so gradually. Any sudden changes can cause leaves to drop. When pruning your plant, be careful of the milky latex substance that may leak out where cuts have occurred–this is a mildly toxic irritant. If you get the sap on your hands or skin, wash with warm water and soap immediately.